Table of Contents Hide
- Overview of the Taco Bell Scholarship
- Taco Bell Scholarship Eligibility
- How to Apply for the Taco Bell Scholarship
- Tips for Submitting a Strong Taco Bell Scholarship Application
- Taco Bell Scholarship Timeline
- Taco Bell Scholarship Renewal
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Taco Bell Scholarship
- Who is eligible to apply for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
- What are the award amounts for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
- What expenses can the Taco Bell Scholarship cover?
- Is there an application fee for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
- What GPA is required for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
- When is the application deadline for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
- How are winners selected for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
- When are winners notified for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
Applying for college scholarships can be a daunting process, but the Taco Bell Scholarship makes it easy and rewarding. With up to $5,000 in scholarship money available, the Taco Bell Scholarship is a great way for high school seniors and current college students to fund their education.
In this comprehensive guide, we will cover everything you need to know about the Taco Bell Scholarship, including eligibility requirements, how to apply, key application tips, scholarship timeline, and frequently asked questions.
Overview of the Taco Bell Scholarship
The Taco Bell Foundation offers Live Más Scholarships each year to Taco Bell employees, their dependent children, and Taco Bell fans aged 16-24 years old. The scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $25,000 in college scholarship money.
In 2022, Taco Bell awarded $7 million in scholarships to over 4,000 students across the country. The scholarships can be used for 2-year and 4-year colleges, as well as for vocational programs.
Some key facts about the Taco Bell Scholarship:
- Awards up to $5,000 per student
- No GPA or essay required
- Open to employees, employee dependents, and Taco Bell fans
- Simple online application process
- Scholarships are renewable
Taco Bell Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Taco Bell Scholarship, you must meet these eligibility criteria:
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C.
- Be 16-24 years old at the time of application
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a post-high school/post-secondary educational program in the next academic year
- Be an employee, dependent child of an employee, or Taco Bell fan
There is no minimum GPA requirement for the Taco Bell Scholarship. Whether you have a 4.0 GPA or a 2.5 GPA, you can still apply and be considered.
The scholarship is merit-based, so actual grades are not as important as demonstrating passion, drive, and purpose.
How to Apply for the Taco Bell Scholarship
Applying for the Taco Bell Scholarship is a simple, straightforward process. Here are the steps:
- Complete the online application – You can access the application at https://www.tacobellfoundation.org/. It takes 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Answer 3 short essay questions – The essay questions are focused on your passions, life experiences, and goals. There is a 150-word limit for each essay.
- Submit a video introducing yourself – You’ll submit a 60-90 second video that lets your personality shine through. Be creative and genuine!
- Provide proof of enrollment – If you’re in high school, submit your transcripts. If already in college, submit enrollment verification.
- Submit reference forms – You’ll need two reference forms completed by non-family members who can speak to your strengths.
- Mark your calendar for deadlines – Applications open in October and close in February each year. Specific dates are posted on the Taco Bell Foundation website.
That’s it! The beauty of this scholarship application is that there are no minimum GPA requirements, essays, or standardized test scores. It’s all about letting your passions and personality shine through creatively.
Tips for Submitting a Strong Taco Bell Scholarship Application
Follow these tips to make your Taco Bell Scholarship application stand out:
- Highlight your passions – The scholarship judges want to understand what drives you. Showcase your unique interests, activities, and pursuits.
- Use vivid storytelling – Bring your essays and video to life with colorful details, personal anecdotes, and immersive descriptions.
- Convey your strengths – What valuable skills, talents, and attributes do you bring to the table? Demonstrate traits like work ethic, courage, and resourcefulness.
- Show who you aspire to be – Share your dreams, goals, and plans for college and beyond. Emphasize how you’ll use this scholarship to achieve your potential.
- Submit a creative video – Have fun with your 60-90 second video and use it to express your dynamic personality.
- Proofread thoroughly – Typos or careless errors can undermine an otherwise strong application. Review your materials closely before submitting.
Taco Bell Scholarship Timeline
If you want to apply for the Taco Bell Scholarship, know these key dates:
- October – Scholarship application opens
- February – Scholarship application deadline
- May – Scholarship winners notified
- July – First scholarship installment sent to winners
New scholarship cycles open every fall for the upcoming academic year. Check the Taco Bell Foundation website for specific dates.
Taco Bell Scholarship Renewal
One excellent benefit of the Taco Bell Scholarship is that it can be renewed annually for up to three years. Here’s how it works:
- Initial scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $25,000
- To renew, you must maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Submit a renewal video and reference form
- Renewal awards are typically $2,500 per year
Renewing increases your total scholarship amount. With diligence, you could earn up to $10,000 in total scholarship funds.
We hope this comprehensive guide provides helpful tips and answers about the rewarding Taco Bell Scholarship opportunity. Don’t let college costs hold you back. With passion and perseverance, you can earn up to $5,000 in scholarship funds from Taco Bell!
Frequently Asked Questions About the Taco Bell Scholarship
Here are answers to some common questions about the Taco Bell Scholarship:
Who is eligible to apply for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
The scholarship is open to Taco Bell employees, their dependent children under 25 years old, and Taco Bell fans between 16-24 years old. Applicants must be legal U.S. residents planning to enroll in post-high school education.
What are the award amounts for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
Individual scholarships range from $1,000 to $25,000. The average scholarship is $5,000. Over $7 million in scholarships were awarded in 2022.
What expenses can the Taco Bell Scholarship cover?
The scholarship money can pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and on-campus room and board. The money goes directly to the school, not the student.
Is there an application fee for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
There is no cost to apply for the Taco Bell Scholarship. The application is free.
What GPA is required for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
There is no minimum GPA. The Taco Bell Scholarship does not consider grades. Students of all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
When is the application deadline for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
The application opens in October each year and closes in February. Specific deadline dates are posted on the Taco Bell Foundation website.
How are winners selected for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
Winners are selected by an independent panel of judges based on passion demonstrated in the application, unique pursuits, community involvement, and leadership experience.
When are winners notified for the Taco Bell Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are notified in May each year. The initial scholarship money is disbursed in July prior to the coming school year.